PIRLS 2006 Technical Report
Edited by Michael O. Martin, Ina V.S. Mullis, and Ann M. Kennedy (2007)., Chestnut Hill, MA: TIMSS & PIRLS International Study Center, Boston College.
Publications are available in Portable Document Format (PDF). If you need to download a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader, which will enable you to read and print the reports, press the Acrobat icon.
The Technical Report is also available in a printed and bound volume which can be ordered for a fee. Shipping and handling is $5 per book for orders within the United States. International orders require US$15 per book for shipping. Print a faxable order form.
Download by chapter:
- Front Matter
- Chapter 1:Overview of PIRLS 2006
- Chapter 2:Developing the PIRLS 2006 Reading Assessment and Scoring Guides
- Chapter 3:Developing the PIRLS 2006 Background Questionnaires
- Chapter 4:PIRLS 2006 Sample Design
- Chapter 5:Translation and Translation Verification of the PIRLS Reading Assessment and Questionnaires
- Chapter 6:PIRLS Survey Operations Procedures
- Chapter 7:Quality Assurance in the PIRLS 2006 Data Collection
- Chapter 8:Creating and Checking the PIRLS International Database
- Chapter 9:PIRLS 2006 Sampling Weights and Participation Rates
- Chapter 10:Item Analysis and Review
- Chapter 11:Scaling the PIRLS 2006 Reading Assessment Data
- Chapter 12:Reporting Student Achievement in Reading
- Chapter 13:Reporting PIRLS 2006 Questionnaire Data
- Appendix A:Acknowledgements
- Appendix B:Characteristics of National Samples
- Appendix C:Country Adaptations to Items and Item Scoring
- Appendix D:Parameters for IRT Analysis of PIRLS Achievement Data